Finding Peace: Overcoming Childhood PTSD

As a 32-year-old woman who has dealt with post traumatic stress disorder from my childhood, I know how challenging it can be to find peace and healing. It’s been a long road, but I’ve found that seeking out therapy and joining support groups has helped me tremendously. It’s important to remember that healing is not a linear process and it’s okay to have setbacks. Self-care and self-compassion have been crucial in my healing journey. I’ve also found solace in hobbies like painting and yoga, as they allow me to express myself and center my mind. Remember, you are not alone in this and it’s okay to reach out for help. You deserve to find peace and happiness, and it is possible. Keep moving forward and never give up on yourself.

2 Likes

Hey! I really relate to what you shared. It’s tough dealing with PTSD, but therapy and support groups have been a game changer for me too. And you’re so right, healing isn’t a straight line and it’s okay to have rough patches. Self-care and self-compassion have been my saving grace. I’ve also found comfort in painting and yoga, they help me express myself and clear my mind. Just wanted to remind you that you’re not alone in this, and asking for help is totally okay. You deserve to find peace and happiness, and it IS possible. Keep pushing forward, and don’t give up on yourself. We got this!

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you so much for sharing your experience. I really resonate with what you said about seeking out therapy and joining support groups. It’s been a huge part of my healing process too. I know it can be tough to stay positive and keep moving forward, but it’s so important to remember that setbacks are okay and part of the healing process. I’ve also found solace in hobbies like painting and yoga. They’ve been a great way for me to express myself and find some peace. You’re definitely not alone in this, and it’s amazing that you’ve been able to find some peace and happiness. Keep taking care of yourself and reaching out for help when you need it. You’re strong and deserve all the happiness in the world.