Finding balance through self-care

As a 47-year-old man dealing with obsessive exercise disorder, I know how challenging it can be to find a balance between staying active and taking care of my mental health. It’s easy to get caught up in the cycle of constantly pushing myself to the limit, but I’ve realized that it’s important to listen to my body and prioritize self-care. Whether it’s taking a rest day, practicing mindfulness, or seeking support from others, I’ve found that integrating these practices into my routine has been incredibly beneficial. Remember, it’s okay to take a step back and focus on your mental well-being. You’re not alone in this journey, and seeking help is a sign of strength. Let’s support each other on this path to finding balance.

1 Like

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. I used to struggle with obsessing over exercise too. It’s like you want to push yourself to the limit all the time, but then it takes a toll on your mental health. I’ve learned that it’s important to find that balance between staying active and taking care of yourself. Taking a rest day or practicing mindfulness has really helped me too. And you’re right, seeking support from others is a game-changer. It’s not easy, but prioritizing our mental well-being is so important. You’re definitely not alone in this, and reaching out for help is a sign of strength. Let’s keep supporting each other in this. You got this!