Feeling depressed and alone - my mental health story

It’s been a while since I’ve felt really down. At first, I tried to ignore it but the feeling has been persistent and overwhelming. It feels like a dark cloud overshadowing me and everything around me.

The outside world seems so far away, I no longer have excitement or joy in my life. The simple things that I used to take pleasure in no longer gives me the same satisfaction.
Everything just feels so pointless, like nothing is ever going to change or get better.

I can’t seem to control my thoughts and the more I try, the darker they become. I’m having trouble sleeping at night because the worry multiplies when it’s quiet and mundane tasks become unreasonable challenges.

I know logically that these aren’t true but its hard to shake these emotions off for more than a few moments at a time. Having this constant feeling of sadness is exhausting and isolating. It’s impossible not to feel insecure and disconnected from others during this time.

My mental health struggles have taken over my life, making it difficult just to get through each day. But deep down, there is still some hope that things will eventually turn around but until then, reaching out to support networks is an important step forward towards getting assistance and reclaiming my life.