Experiencing rejection sensitive dysphoria with bipolar

It can take a toll on me when I’m dealing with rejection sensitive dysphoria and having bipolar disorder. When someone tells me “no,” it emotionally devastates me. It can be a confusing time as my brain tells me to make decisions that feel right and impactful in the moment, but may not necessarily have positive long-term consequences.

I often find myself feeling like everything is too overwhelming and that I’m not good enough. This makes it hard to handle interactions with people and even more difficult to trust in myself in order to make sound decisions. Rejection has such an intense effect on my mental state; sometimes I just can’t process it all or come to terms with how much it affects me.

I struggle between wanting to try new things and perspectives while also being scared of getting hurt. Dealing with this type of doubt on top of having bipolar disorder can seem really daunting, especially with the fear of failure looming over us at all times.

Although this may not be easy, I think by taking care of our mental health, we can better manage our expectations around rejection as well as providing ourselves the necessary tools needed for self-care during times like these. If you find yourself dealing with similar feelings, know that you are not alone! There is always help out there if ever needed!

Hi there! I can definitely relate to the feelings of overwhelm and insecurity that come with dealing with rejection and having bipolar disorder. It’s understandable to feel scared and uncertain about taking on new things or perspectives, especially if it comes with the risk of getting hurt in the process.

At times like this, it’s important to take a step back and practice self-care. It could be something as simple as taking some time for yourself to do something calming like reading, or engaging in an activity that you love. Or even just taking the time to reach out either virtually or through an audio call for a chat can help! It’s okay to make sure you are well taken care of so that your mental health can improve.

I think it’s really courageous how you are pushing yourself through tough times like these - you have every right to be proud of yourself for that, so make sure that you honor all the hard work you’ve put into taking care of your mental health every day. You got this!