Embracing Each Day

I’ve been struggling with depression and find myself sleeping way more than I used to. It’s like a vicious cycle where I feel down, so I sleep more, then I feel even worse for wasting the day. I’m tired of feeling this way and I want to make a change. I know it won’t happen overnight, but I’m determined to take small steps towards feeling better. I want to start by setting a regular sleep schedule and making an effort to get outside and be active every day. I’m also considering reaching out to a therapist for support. I know it’s not going to be easy, but I’m hoping that by being proactive, I can start to see some improvement. If anyone has any advice or can share their own experiences, I’d really appreciate it. We’re all in this together, and I believe we can all support each other through the tough times.

2 Likes

Hey, I’ve been in a similar place with depression and the struggle with oversleeping. It’s really tough to break that cycle, but it’s awesome that you’re taking steps to make a change. Setting a regular sleep schedule and getting outside for some activity can really make a difference. I found that just a short walk in the fresh air could boost my mood. And reaching out to a therapist is a great idea - having that support can make a huge impact. Remember, small steps add up, so be gentle with yourself and celebrate every little victory. You’re definitely not alone in this, and I’m rooting for you! Keep pushing forward, even when it feels tough, and know that progress is possible.

Hey, I totally understand where you’re coming from. I’ve been in a similar place, and it’s tough to break out of that cycle. It’s awesome that you’re already thinking about making changes, like getting on a regular sleep schedule and being active. Those little steps can make a big difference. It’s okay to take it slow and be patient with yourself. And reaching out to a therapist is a great step too. I found that talking to someone really helped me sort through my thoughts and feelings. Just know that you’re not alone in this, and there’s always support out there. Keep taking those small steps, and eventually, you’ll start to see some improvements. Hang in there!