Elton John's lyricist Bernie Taupin recalls star's struggles with addiction: 'Drugs are the big lie'

I was really surprised to read this article about Elton John’s battles with addiction. It’s not something we usually hear about with Elton John. He is so often seen as a successful and happy artist, so it was eye opening to read about his struggles with addiction. It’s heartening to see that he was able to overcome it, but no one should have to go through that. It’s a reminder to be mindful of the fact that even those who seem to have it all may still be struggling with their own issues.

1 Like

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. It’s wild to think that someone as successful as Elton John could struggle with addiction. But you’re right, it’s a good reminder that everyone has their own battles, no matter how put together they seem. It’s actually pretty inspiring to see how Elton was able to overcome it and get to where he is today. It just goes to show that no one is alone in their struggles and that recovery is possible. Thanks for sharing that article - definitely puts things into perspective for me.