Depression in Parents May Influence Children's Weight

I recently read an article about how depression in parents can have an impact on their children’s weight. This was an eye opening article for me, as I never considered how parental mental health could have an effect on a child’s physical health. It made me realize how important it is for parents to be aware of their own mental health and to take steps to ensure that they are taking care of themselves. It’s also important for parents to be aware of the signs of depression in their children and to get them help if they need it. All in all, this article is a reminder of the power of parental mental health on the whole family.

1 Like

I totally hear you on this. It’s crazy to think about how our mental health as parents can affect our kids, even in ways we might not expect. I read the article you shared, and it really opened my eyes too. It’s so important for us to take care of ourselves and be aware of the impact our mental health can have on our children. I’m going to start paying more attention to my own mental health and making sure I’m taking steps to stay healthy for myself and my kids. Thanks for bringing this topic up, it’s definitely something worth discussing and being aware of.