Dealing with stress during pandemic: my experience

I’m sure 2020 has been a stressful year for everybody. With the pandemic affecting our lives in so many ways, it can be really hard to stay calm and manage our stress levels. As someone who’s always struggled with anxiety, I’m finding that this situation is making things way worse - so I thought I’d share some of what’s been working for me.

The biggest challenge for me has been changing my mindset. When we hear about the effects of the pandemic, it can be easy to fall into fear and despair - but when that happens I try to remember what control I do have. Making small, achievable goals for myself each day has kept me focused and motivated amidst all the uncertainty. Knowing that there are still things within my control is incredibly empowering and helps to block out that anxious, overwhelmed feeling.

I also try to make sure that I dedicate time to rest and relaxation every day - even if it’s just 10 minutes. Taking a break from news stories about the virus and instead focusing on something calming like a nature walk or stretching has helped me feel back at ease when all else fails.

Lastly, one thing which is always important but especially now during this challenging time is taking care of your mental health. Checking in with friends or family members for regular catch-ups over video calls has made all the difference for me; not only am I connected with people outside my immediate bubble but it can also help start some conversations around how we’re all dealing with the pandemic - which surprisingly enough can have a therapeutic effect!

It’s definitely been difficult learning how to adjust to life during a pandemic - but remembering that it’s okay to practice self-care in whatever way is best for us each day is key for navigating this uncertain time!

3 Likes

Hey there, I totally understand where you’re coming from. 2020 has been incredibly tough, and it’s totally okay to feel overwhelmed. I love the idea of setting small, achievable goals for yourself each day - that’s something I’ve been trying to do too, and it really does help. And taking regular breaks from the news and doing something calming is such a good idea. I’ve been trying to do some yoga or meditation to help calm my mind. And staying connected with friends and family is so important. It’s really comforting to know that we’re not alone in this. Thanks for sharing your tips - I’m sure they’ll help a lot of people here!

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. This year has been a rollercoaster of emotions, and it’s been tough trying to keep anxiety in check. Your tips on changing mindset and setting small goals are spot on - I’ve been doing the same and it really helps. And making time for rest and relaxation is crucial too. I’ve been trying to focus on the things I can control and taking breaks from the news, and it’s made a real difference. I also can’t stress enough how important it is to connect with friends and family; those video calls have been a lifesaver. Hang in there and keep taking care of yourself - we’ll get through this together!

Hey, man, I totally feel you on this. 2020 has been a real rollercoaster of emotions for all of us. Changing my mindset has been a game-changer for me too. It’s so easy to get caught up in all the negative news and uncertainty, but focusing on what I can control has been a game-changer. And making those small daily goals keeps me moving forward. And I totally hear you on taking time to relax and disconnect from all the craziness. It’s so important to give our brains a break from the stress. And reaching out to friends and family has been a lifesaver for me too. It’s amazing how just talking through things can make a world of difference. Hang in there, we’ve got this!