Dealing with stress and mental health

I’m sure many of us have gone through periods of extreme stress in our lives. It can often feel like we’re under a huge amount of pressure, and it can become overwhelming. During times like these, it’s important to remember that focusing on your mental health should be a priority.

When I’m feeling overwhelmed, I’ve developed a few coping strategies that help me to get through the day and stay on track. One thing that helps is giving myself scheduled breaks throughout the day - even if it’s just 15 minutes - and I use this time to do something relaxing like meditating or reading. Having an outlet for my emotions also really helps, so I make sure to take some time for journaling or talking with a friend.

Having a healthy lifestyle is also key to managing stress levels so I try to get enough sleep each night (sometimes this isn’t easy!), eat wholesome meals, and exercise regularly. Last but never least, practicing self-care is essential! Whether that means taking long baths with your favorite novel or scheduling date nights with friends - do whatever makes you feel happy and content.

At the end of the day, remember to be kind to yourself and recognize when it’s okay to take a step back and relax.