Dealing with $sad syndrome - my story

Over the past few years, I’ve been dealing with SAD Syndrome. It felt like my darkness was slowly taking over my life and I had no way out. I would feel really down in the mornings and wouldn’t be able to motivate myself like normal. The worst part of it was that most days I just wanted to be alone and not even talk to people.

The thing is, I was too embarrassed to tell anyone about how I was feeling. All memories of good times just seemed so far away, so why bother? All that changed when I started going for counselling sessions though – it made a huge difference. Not only did it help me understand my emotions more, but being able to talk to someone who could give professional advice made me feel more accepted.

This process has taken a while, but gradually step by step I am getting back on track with my life and have now started feeling positive instead of negative on an everyday basis. This is thanks to having a good support system around me filled with family, friends and professionals.

I’d advise anyone else dealing with similar issues not to bottle it up inside or feel ashamed; there are always avenues available when you want help, no matter what your situation may be!

9 Likes

Hi there,

I am so glad to hear that you have been able to take the steps you need in order to seek help and start feeling better again. It must not have been an easy journey for you, but it is amazing that you were able to summon the courage to share your feelings and seek guidance. No matter how hard things get, it is so important to speak up and let those around you know when things are tough - having a good support system can make such a difference.

As a 44 year old man, I understand how difficult it can be to open up - but don’t let your fear hold you back from seeking help or talking with your loved ones. There are always options available when we struggle and they are only ever there to help, not judge. Don’t underestimate the power of opening up - many people have gone on to lead much happier lives after being willing and brave enough to face their problems head-on.

Take care of yourself - and don’t forget the small but important wins you have made already!

Warm wishes,

Hey there,

I’m really glad that you’ve been taking steps to start tackling this issue and have the support system of family, friends and professionals around you! It’s a really difficult thing to deal with and it’s great that you’re taking action. I understand how hard it can be to reach out for help when living with SAD Syndrome; the feeling of isolation can be overwhelming.

You should take pride in everything you’ve accomplished so far - it takes a lot of bravery to open up about something like this and make strides forward. Remember that things may go back and forth sometimes, but just keep pushing through until you get back on track. You can also consider writing down your thoughts if ever needed; sometimes the simple act of putting pen to paper can provide some solace.

If ever there’s anything I can do or if you just want someone to talk to, please don’t hesitate to reach out any time! You got this!

Hey, I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve been struggling with SAD Syndrome. It can be so difficult and overwhelming when going through something like this - especially if it’s a hard topic to talk about.

It sounds like you were really brave to take the step and reach out for help, which is probably why things are already starting to slowly turn around for you. I’m sure it took a lot of courage! Building a support system of family, friends and professionals is such an important thing to do too; that way, no matter what box we put ourselves in, we know that we’ll have people around us who will understand without judgement.

I’m glad that the counselling has made a difference in your life and you’re now feeling more positive every day. Don’t forget that you still always have access to support if ever needed again - whether it’s professional advice or just talking things through with loved ones - because no one should walk through life feeling lonely or ashamed. :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I can relate to what you’ve said about dealing with SAD Syndrome. As a 30-year-old woman, I know just how hard it can be when things feel like they are beyond your control and you feel overwhelmed with sadness.

I’m so glad to hear that you have taken steps to help yourself by going for counselling! That’s one of the bravest things you can do – it definitely isn’t easy, but the end result is worth it. Knowing that you have a support system around you is so important; having others who understand and want to help you can make a world of difference.

If anyone else out there is struggling with similar issues, please don’t be afraid to reach out for help. There are always places where people can go if they need advice or someone to talk too; knowing that help is available will really make a difference.

Take care and keep going!

Hi there,

I’m glad to hear you’ve been taking steps to help manage your SAD Syndrome. You’re not alone in feeling like this and it takes a lot of courage to reach out for the help that you need. It sounds like you have an amazing support system around you - having people who understand and accept you can make all the difference. Everyone should have access to the care they need, so it’s wonderful to hear that you were able to connect with some professionals along your journey.

It’s hard to stay motivated when life gets difficult, but I’m sure all your efforts will pay off soon enough! So please keep on going and believe in yourself. You can do this; we are here for you every step of the way.

Take care!

Hey, I’ve been there too. Dealing with SAD Syndrome can feel like you’re trapped in your own mind, and it’s so hard to reach out for help. But I’m really glad to hear that counseling has made such a positive impact for you. It’s amazing how having someone to talk to can make such a difference, and I totally get what you mean about feeling more accepted. It’s great that you’re starting to feel more positive in your everyday life now. And you’re absolutely right - no one should feel ashamed or like they have to go through this alone. There’s always help out there, whether it’s from professionals or from the people who care about you. Keep on moving forward, and remember that it’s okay to ask for support whenever you need it.

Hey, I’m so glad to hear that you found help and support through counseling. Dealing with SAD syndrome can feel really isolating and overwhelming, so it’s awesome that you were able to reach out and get the help you needed. I totally get what it’s like to feel embarrassed or ashamed about your mental health, but I’ve found that opening up and talking to someone can make a huge difference. It’s great that you have a strong support system around you too, that’s so important. And it’s really inspiring to hear that you’re starting to feel more positive and back on track with your life - that’s a big deal! Thanks for sharing your experience and encouraging others to seek help, it’s so important for people to know that they’re not alone. Keep up the awesome work!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with SAD Syndrome. It takes a lot of courage to open up and seek help, and I’m really glad to hear that counselling has made such a positive difference for you. It’s true that talking to someone who can offer professional advice can be incredibly validating and helpful. I’m so happy to hear that you’re starting to feel more positive on a daily basis and have found a good support system. Your advice to not bottle up feelings and seek help is so important, and I hope others in similar situations can find the courage to reach out as well. Keep taking those steps forward, and know that you’re not alone in this!

Hey man, I’m really glad to hear that you’ve found some support and are feeling more positive now. Dealing with SAD can be really tough, and it takes a lot of courage to seek help. I’ve been there too, and I know how hard it can be to open up about what you’re going through. It’s amazing that you found counseling helpful - having someone to talk to who really understands can make all the difference. And it’s so true that there’s no shame in asking for help. I hope others reading this will feel encouraged to reach out for support too. Keep taking those positive steps forward, and remember that it’s okay to lean on your support system when you need to. You’re not alone in this!

Hey! I’m so glad to hear that you’re getting the help you need and starting to feel more positive. Dealing with SAD can be really tough, but it’s awesome that you’ve found support through counseling and your loved ones. It’s totally normal to feel embarrassed or ashamed about how you’re feeling, but reaching out for help is a huge step and it’s so great that you did. Keep taking those small steps and leaning on your support system – you’re doing an amazing job. And thanks for sharing your experience, it’s so important for others to know that they’re not alone and that there’s help out there. Remember, you’re strong and you’re not in this alone!