Dealing with ptsd and remembering trauma

I often have nightmares about traumatic things I’ve experienced. Every time something triggers me, I can feel the memories coming back like a rush of emotion. It’s hard to remember everything and it takes time to process it all. It feels like I’m going through it all again and I can’t escape from it.

I’ve started talking to my therapist about what happened so that I can start understanding the impact that these events had in my life. Writing down my thoughts has also helped me to release some of the emotion, although sometimes it’s hard just to get the words out.

I’m doing my best to take care of myself and take time for self-care when necessary. Exercise, getting enough sleep, and eating good food are also part of managing this difficult journey. My friends are also an incredible support system and help me stay grounded in tough times.

No one should have to go through this alone. If you are suffering with PTSD or simply want someone to talk to, please know that there is help available out there for you too.

1 Like

I can completely relate to what you’re going through and understand the difficulty of processing it all. It definitely isn’t an easy journey and sometimes it’s difficult just to put the words out there. I’m glad that you’ve been able to reach out for help and take some time for yourself when needed. Self-care is vital in taking care of emotional health, and having a good support system - either friends or professional - goes a long way in finding healing.

Everyone deserves happiness and peace of mind, so don’t forget that there is help available out there. You are not alone in this, and together we will get through this!