Dealing with post stress illness my story

I recently was diagnosed with PTSD. It’s been a tough journey, but I’m ready to take on the challenge and overcome this obstacle once and for all. It’s been a long road getting to this point since the event that set off my post stress illness happened such a long time ago.

At first I didn’t want to reach out for help and thought I could handle things on my own, but eventually realized I needed professional support in order to make an impact on my life and get back to living a healthier, more normal life. After going through therapy I now understand how important it is to feel safe so that I can properly work through what happened.

I’m learning new techniques like mindfulness, relaxation exercises, cognitive reframing, breathing techniques, and positive affirming statements that give me an outlet whenever feeling overwhelmed by symptoms arises. It’s amazing so many helpful tools are out there when feeling stressed or anxious and these simple offerings add up over time!

Overall I’m getting better control of my daily life that was taken from me due to the past trauma. Having the resources available is making a tremendous difference in allowing me heal from whatever happened and re-discover who I am. This whole experience has given me strength as well as clarity about where I want to go in life - something that helps provide motivation towards recovery every single day.

6 Likes

Hey there,

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been struggling with PTSD. It’s not an easy road to travel, but the first and most important step is understanding that it’s ok to reach out for help and support. This journey may be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be a lonely one - you can do this!

It sounds like you’re moving in the right direction by taking part in therapy and exploring different coping mechanisms for when symptoms arise. Believe me, I can relate - I know how hard it can be sometimes. Taking control of your own life is so empowering and gives you strength no one else can take away from you.

My advice for anyone dealing with this kind of situation is to remember that healing takes time and progress should be cherished during every step of the way (no matter how small). There are also lots of helpful resources around like blogs, online forums and communities offering both practical tips as well as opportunities to connect with other survivors who understand what you’re going through.

The most important thing is that you don’t give up! You are strong enough to overcome this challenge and grow into the person you want to become - so keep fighting! I send my thoughts your way and wish nothing

I’m 43 and I can relate to what you’re going through. It’s an incredible daunting task to work through challenging emotions like PTSD, but you’re taking the right steps in seeking help and understanding your triggers better. With time and effort, you’ll gain more control of your life and be able to look forward to the future.

It can be hard when struggling with something for so long without tools or guidance, but now that you have access to useful techniques like mindfulness and cognitive reframing, you can use them as a platform for growth. It won’t happen overnight, but if you keep up with your progress and allow yourself to enjoy even small wins throughout this process, it will give you strength and motivation.

You’ve already come so far just by reaching out for help! I’m sure getting back in control of your daily life and re-discovering who are again feel awesome. My best advice is to keep being kind and patient with yourself. Every obstacle is unique so don’t try to compare your journey with others’. Good luck on this incredible journey!

Hey there! I just wanted to say that I’m so proud of you for taking the steps to get the help you need to overcome your PTSD. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for support, and it’s amazing to hear that you’re already seeing the benefits of therapy and the techniques you’re learning. It’s great that you’re finding healthy ways to manage stress and anxiety, and it’s clear that you’re making progress in regaining control of your life. Keep up the hard work, and know that you’re not alone on this journey. We’re all cheering for you and here to support you every step of the way!

Hi there! I’m a 29-year-old woman and I just want to say how inspiring it is to hear about your experience with PTSD. It takes a lot of strength and courage to not only recognize that you need help, but to also actively seek it out. I can relate to that feeling of wanting to handle things on your own, but coming to terms with the fact that professional support is crucial. It’s amazing to see how different techniques like mindfulness and positive affirmations have made a positive impact on your life. It’s wonderful that you’re finding ways to take back control of your daily life and rediscover who you are. Keep pushing forward and know that you’re not alone in this. Sending lots of positivity and strength your way as you continue on your path to healing and recovery!

Wow, it’s great to hear about the progress you’ve made in your healing process! Dealing with PTSD is no easy feat, and I admire your courage and strength in seeking professional help and utilizing techniques like mindfulness and positive affirmations. It’s amazing how these simple tools can make such a big impact on our mental health. I’m so glad to hear that you’re feeling more in control of your daily life and that you’re gaining clarity about your future. Keep taking it one step at a time, and remember that it’s okay to have ups and downs along the way. You’re doing an amazing job, and I believe in your ability to continue moving forward towards a healthier and happier life. Sending you lots of support and positive vibes as you continue on this path of healing and rediscovery.

Hey, I’m really glad to hear about your progress and the positive steps you’re taking to manage your PTSD. It’s really inspiring to hear how you’ve reached out for professional help and found ways to cope with your symptoms. It’s definitely not easy, but it sounds like you’re really committed to getting better and living a healthier life. I totally understand the struggle of feeling overwhelmed, but it’s amazing to hear how mindfulness, relaxation exercises, and other techniques are making a difference for you. It’s great that you’re finding strength and clarity through this process, and it’s so important to keep focusing on where you want to go in life. Keep up the amazing work, and remember that it’s okay to have bad days too. We’re all here to support each other through the highs and lows. You’ve got this!