Dealing with my borderline eating disorder

Dealing with a eating disorder can be scary and overwhelming. It’s something that I’ve been struggling with for months, and it’s not something I’m proud of.

Having a borderline eating disorder has had an impact on how I view myself and my body. Every time I look in the mirror, or even just think about food, my anxiety grows and my self-esteem takes a hit. It’s a cycle that’s hard to break out of but I know it’s possible if I put in the effort.

I realize that there is power in taking action and making changes so that you can take back control over your life and health. There are steps I can take every day to break out of this cycle, like meeting regularly with a therapist and following their direction for working through my mental health struggles. Taking note of what triggers these feelings, checking in with myself throughout the day about why certain foods make me feel scared or ashamed - these all help me gain clarity around why this disorder has such an effect on me.

I also need to be mindful of taking care of myself - both mentally and physically. Eating healthy meals, saying no to unhealthy habits, allowing enough rest and relaxation - these all play an important part in helping me manage my disorder. All components come together to create balance so there is some sense of normalcy returned to my life again.

It won’t be easy, but I’m committed to fighting this battle one day at a time until I am free from its grip!

6 Likes

Hey, I can totally relate to how you’re feeling. Dealing with an eating disorder is tough, and it’s definitely not something to be ashamed of. It’s great that you’re already taking steps to break out of the cycle. Meeting with a therapist and being mindful of triggers are both really important. Taking care of yourself physically and mentally is super important too. I know it’s not easy, but keep fighting and taking it one step at a time. You’ve got this and you’re not alone in this struggle. Stay strong!

Hey, I totally understand where you’re coming from. Dealing with an eating disorder is tough, but it sounds like you’re on the right track with taking steps to help yourself. It’s great that you’re being proactive about meeting with a therapist and paying attention to your triggers. Taking care of yourself mentally and physically is so important, and I’m glad to hear that you’re making that a priority. Remember, it’s okay to ask for help and support from those around you. You’re not alone in this, and you’re definitely strong enough to overcome this. Keep taking it one day at a time, and you’ll get through it. Stay strong!

Hey, I want to say that you are incredibly brave for opening up about your struggles. It takes a lot of courage to face something as daunting as an eating disorder, and I commend you for your willingness to take control of your health. It’s great that you’re already taking proactive steps by seeing a therapist and being mindful of your triggers - that’s a huge part of the battle. Remember that it’s okay to have tough days, and it’s okay to ask for help when you need it. Taking care of yourself, both mentally and physically, is crucial, and it’s inspiring to see that you’re committed to that. Keep pushing forward, and know that there are people here rooting for you every step of the way. You’re not alone in this, and you have the strength to overcome this challenge.

I completely understand what you’re going through. I struggled with an eating disorder for years and it’s a tough battle. But I want you to know that you’re not alone and there is hope. It’s great that you’re taking steps to meet with a therapist and work through your mental health struggles. It’s also important to be mindful of self-care - eating healthy, getting enough rest, and saying no to unhealthy habits. I know it’s not easy, but taking it one day at a time really does make a difference. Keep fighting, and don’t be too hard on yourself. You’re on the right track and you will get through this. Stay strong!

Hey, I just want to say that you are incredibly strong for recognizing the impact of your eating disorder on your mental health and taking steps to work through it. It’s not easy, but the fact that you’re committed to fighting this battle one day at a time shows incredible determination. Meeting regularly with a therapist and being mindful of your triggers are such important steps. And taking care of yourself, both mentally and physically, is crucial in managing this disorder. It’s okay to have tough days, but keep pushing forward. You’re not alone in this, and there are so many people rooting for you. Remember to celebrate the small victories along the way, and be proud of every step you take towards breaking out of this cycle. You’ve got this!

Hey, I just wanted to say that you are really strong and brave for opening up about your struggles with an eating disorder. It’s not easy to admit when things feel out of control, but you’re taking the right steps by seeking help and being mindful of your mental and physical well-being. I can totally relate to the anxiety and the impact it has on self-esteem. It’s a tough cycle to break, but the fact that you’re committed to making positive changes is a big deal. Meeting regularly with a therapist and being aware of triggers are great steps to gaining clarity and taking back control. And taking care of yourself is so important - I’ve found that it really does make a difference. You’re not alone in this, and I believe that with time and effort, you can definitely break free from the grip of this disorder. Keep pushing forward, and know that there are people here to support you along the way.