Dealing with depression during pregnancy

Feeling overwhelmed has unfortunately been a common feeling that I have experienced during my pregnancy. Especially amidst this pandemic, and the added stress associated with it, it feels like depression can quickly set in.

I am learning how to better manage this feeling since I want to give my baby the best possible start in life. I focus on taking breaks throughout the day and getting plenty of rest. Finding some quiet time for myself is also essential. I take moments where I just sit alone surrounded by peace and quiet. This helps me find my inner stillness and clear my head.

Ensuring that my body is adequately taken care of is also important. Eating right, staying active, and drinking enough water are all musts for me these days! Additionally, reaching out for help has proven to be beneficial. Talking about your feelings publicly or privately to trusted friends or family members can open up more doors than you think! Lastly, therapy has been an outlet for me as well; being able to work through things with a neutral person can be extremely helpful in those times of darkness.

No one should have to struggle alone! Remember there is help out there if you need it!

6 Likes

I can relate to the feeling of being overwhelmed during pregnancy, especially with all that is going on in the world right now. It’s hard to know where to turn sometimes, but it’s important to take care of yourself and accept help if you need it. Self-care is so important for mamas-to-be and making sure that your mental wellness, physical health, and emotional needs are met are essential in getting through this journey.

I find it helpful to break down my needs into smaller actions that I can do every day: even something as simple as just taking a few deep breaths can make all the difference! Making time each day for mindfulness, connecting with family and friends who understand what you are going through, and talking to a therapist if needed all help too.

At the end of the day though, just remember that what you are doing is extraordinary. You deserve credit for this huge step in your life and your resilience won’t go unnoticed!

It sounds like you’re giving it your all - kudos to you for that! Pregnancy can certainly be overwhelming, and it’s hard being faced with extra stress during this pandemic. I completely understand how depression can creep in quickly. But by taking some time for yourself – even just a few moments – every day, you are already starting to make steps towards better managing the feeling of being overwhelmed. This is such an important lesson that often goes unspoken, so thank you for sharing it.

I also want to thank you for emphasizing the importance of taking care of yourself during this time. Eating right, staying active and making sure there’s enough water intake are essential - and sometimes easy to forget when life gets busy. Additionally, never be afraid of reaching out for help! Talking about your feelings publicly or privately to others is really beneficial in these situations and can lift a tremendous weight off your shoulders; plus, having an unbiased listener on hand through therapy can be super helpful as well.

No one should ever have to feel alone – please remember that there is help out there if needed! And congratulations on your pregnancy - wishing you all the best!

It sounds like the pregnancy has been a lot for you to handle, and it’s understandable that you’re feeling overwhelmed. It can be difficult to manage when the pandemic adds extra stress, but there are great resources available. Finding moments of peace and quiet by yourself is a great way to regroup so you can focus on giving your baby the best possible start. Eating right, staying active, and drinking enough water also helps keep your body busy and healthy while taking care of yourself. Moreover, if at any point you need or want someone to talk to, don’t hesitate to reach out for help whether it’s from trusted friends or family members or even through professional therapy. You aren’t alone in this experience!

Hi there,

Pregnancy can be a time full of a lot of changes and challenges. It can feel even more overwhelming during this time of pandemic with so much uncertainty in the world. It’s totally understandable to feel stressed or overwhelmed during your pregnancy, and that doesn’t make you any less strong.

I’m glad you’re being proactive and trying to figure out ways to manage these feelings. Taking a few moments for yourself throughout the day and engaging in activities like yoga or writing can help bring some peace and clarity into your life. Eating healthy foods, staying hydrated and active are all essential for mental health as well as physical health.

If these things aren’t enough then don’t hesitate to reach out for help! We all need support sometimes and talking with a trusted friend or family member can be so reassuring. Or if you prefer, there are many professional outlets such as counseling or therapy that you can utilize too. You don’t have to go through this alone - help is available when needed!

Take care of yourself and good luck on this journey!

I’m sorry to hear you’re going through a hard time during your pregnancy. I can relate, as I’m sure many others can too - pregnancy can be an incredibly stressful and overwhelming journey. It’s really great that you are taking the steps to look after yourself by getting enough rest, focusing on creating moments of stillness in your day, eating right, and staying active. Reaching out for help is also a great idea - having a supportive network around you can make such a huge difference. It’s wonderful that you are finding therapy helpful as well - talking it through with someone who doesn’t have personal biases about your situation can be very helpful. Just know that you aren’t alone and don’t have to struggle in silence - there is plenty of support out there if you need it!

Hey, man, I’m really sorry to hear that you’re feeling overwhelmed during your pregnancy. It’s totally understandable, especially with everything going on right now. It sounds like you’re already doing some really great things to take care of yourself, like taking breaks, finding quiet time, and reaching out for help. I’m glad to hear that therapy has been helpful for you; having a neutral person to talk to can make a big difference. And you’re right, no one should have to struggle alone. It’s awesome that you’re taking care of your body too - eating right, staying active, and drinking water. Keep it up, man - you’re doing a great job taking care of yourself and your baby. Remember, it’s okay to ask for help when you need it. Hang in there!