Dealing with chronic stress: my story

Chronic stress has been something that I have had to learn to manage for as long as I can remember. At times, it feels like life is a never-ending cycle of stress and worry – it’s like a hamster wheel spinning around my head and it never stops.

The truth is, we all face different levels of stress in our lives. Life can be full of incredible highs, accompanied with stressful lows. It’s important to find ways to cope with the low points before they turn into chronic stress. That meant taking time for myself – scheduling activities that allow me to relax such as working out, focusing on self-care or listening to music. By doing these activities regularly I noticed a difference in my overall mood and wellbeing.

I also found help by talking to a therapist who specializes in helping people manage their stress levels. Allowing myself time just for me and having access to therapeutic support were extremely beneficial in helping me learn how to manage my chronic stress.

Self care is an incredibly important part of life and it helps immensely when dealing with chronic stress. Everyone deserves moments of peace from the constant hustle and bustle of everyday life, especially when dealing with something like this.

2 Likes

I can definitely relate to your feelings of constant, non-stop stress. I’m right there with you! It seems like it can be hard to take a break and just breathe, but if we don’t give ourselves that space, that’s when things tend to get the worst. Taking time for yourself is vital in learning how to cope with stress in a healthy way - even small moments of relaxation or self-care here and there can help immensely.

Although I didn’t talk to a professional myself, I have heard really good things about talking therapy for people who are dealing with chronic stress. Having someone who understands what you’re going through is invaluable - having that outside perspective and support goes a long way.

Caring for ourselves is so important - it’s the only way we can effectively address our chronic stress. We all need some time away from the chaos every once in awhile. I hope you find moments of peace and solace throughout this journey.

Hey, man, I feel you. Chronic stress is no joke and it can feel like an endless cycle that’s impossible to escape. Finding ways to cope is crucial, and it’s great to hear that you’ve found some strategies that work for you. Taking time for yourself and focusing on self-care are game changers, and I’m glad to hear that they’ve made a difference for you. And talking to a therapist is huge – it’s not always easy to seek help, but it can make a world of difference. Self-care is so important, and it’s awesome that you’re prioritizing it. Keep doing what works for you, and don’t be afraid to reach out for support when you need it. Solid advice, man. Keep taking care of yourself!