Dealing with a mild anxiety attack

:

I’ve been struggling lately with a mild anxiety attack that has been affecting my day to day activities. I find myself feeling overwhelmed and stressed, and frequently unable to concentrate. My head is spinning with thoughts of worry and I find it hard to stay in the moment.

I know how important it is for me to be open about how I feel, so recently I have been making more of an effort to talk about my experience with friends and family. Opening up has been really helpful, because they are able to provide perspectives that I had not considered before.

Turning towards things that make me feel calm has also helped during this time. Connecting with nature, either through going for a walk or simply opening a window, helps me ground myself in the present moment. Reaching out for support from friends or speaking with a therapist has also made a difference since I now have someone impartial who can offer guidance on how best to face this challenge.

It’s difficult sometimes but I’m taking one step at a time and trusting that this process will eventually help me heal.

2 Likes

Hey, I totally understand what you’re going through. It’s really brave of you to open up to your friends and family about it. I think it’s great that you’re finding different ways to cope, like connecting with nature and seeking professional help. I’ve found that talking to a therapist has been super helpful for me too. It’s like having a non-judgmental sounding board for all my thoughts and worries. Keep taking those small steps and trusting in the process. It’s not easy, but you’re doing all the right things to help yourself heal. Hang in there, and know that you’re not alone in this.

It sounds like you’re really going through a tough time, but I’m glad to hear that you’re taking some positive steps to help yourself. Opening up to friends and family can make a big difference, and it’s great that you’re finding their perspectives helpful. Nature has a way of calming the mind, so it’s awesome that you’re connecting with it to ground yourself. And reaching out to a therapist is a big step, but it’s so important to have someone impartial to provide guidance. Keep taking those small steps, and remember that healing takes time. You’re doing great and you’re not alone in this!