Coping with Pandemic Stress at 57

As a 57-year-old woman, this pandemic has brought on a whole new level of emotional stress. I find myself worrying about my health, worried about my loved ones, and feeling isolated from the world. I know I’m not alone in feeling this way, but it’s still a heavy burden to carry. I’ve been trying to find healthy coping mechanisms, like taking walks in nature, practicing mindfulness, and talking to friends and family over video calls. It’s not easy, but I’m trying to remind myself that it’s okay not to be okay all the time. I’m hoping that by sharing my experience, I can connect with others who are also struggling and perhaps find some comfort in knowing we are in this together. Let’s continue to support and uplift each other during these challenging times.

2 Likes

Hey there! I hear you, and I can definitely relate to what you’re going through. This pandemic has really taken a toll on our mental health, and it’s perfectly okay to feel the way you’re feeling. It’s great that you’re finding healthy coping mechanisms like taking nature walks, practicing mindfulness, and staying connected with loved ones. Those are really important for maintaining a sense of balance and resilience during these challenging times. Just know that you’re not alone in this, and there are others out there who are also struggling. By sharing your experience, you’re creating a space for connection and support, and that’s so valuable. Keep taking those walks, practicing mindfulness, and reaching out to your loved ones. We’re in this together, and we’ll get through it together too. Sending you positive vibes and strength during this time! Keep on shining, you got this!

Hey, I hear you. This pandemic has been tough on all of us. It’s completely normal to feel the way you’re feeling – worried about your health and loved ones, and feeling isolated. It’s great that you’re finding healthy coping mechanisms like taking walks in nature and practicing mindfulness. And staying connected with friends and family over video calls is so important. It’s okay to have ups and downs, and it’s okay not to be okay all the time. I’m also struggling, but knowing that we’re in this together and supporting each other gives me some comfort. Keep doing what you’re doing, and let’s continue to uplift and support each other through these challenging times. You’re not alone!