Calming my anxiety attacks

Lately I’ve been struggling with managing my anxiety. It seems like it hits me with no warning, and the sheer intensity of the emotions can be overwhelming. It’s really made it difficult to get through the day without feeling completely drained and anxious that something else bad is coming next.

The truth is that I need to take time to pause and reflect on what might contribute to these feelings before they come on so strong. I’m trying out some self-care techniques like meditation, mindfulness activities, and deep breathing exercises. These help me stay in the present moment instead of getting stuck ruminating on all the worrisome stuff going on around me.

When the anxiety does kick in, I try to remember that it will pass eventually and accepting my emotions can help them flow through me more quickly. Taking a few moments to practice awareness of my physical sensations helps too. Noticing different areas where I am feeling tension lets me place my focus there until it dissipates.

Managing anxiety isn’t something you can fix overnight; it takes ongoing effort every day to keep your mental health in balance. I’m learning what works for me and gaining confidence that I can make positive changes in my life despite feeling overwhelmed sometimes!

7 Likes

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience with anxiety. I understand how difficult it can be to manage these strong emotions, as I have a similar experience myself. You’re already on the right path with the self-care techniques you are utilising; meditation, mindfulness activities and deep breathing exercises all help focus our attention on being present in the moment.

Having tried multiple strategies to cope with my own anxiety, I can empathise with the feeling of being overwhelmed that comes with it. If it’s any help, taking steps to make small positive changes can really help, even if they seem insignificant at first. Put some time aside each day for yourself and make sure you allow yourself to relax and take care of your mental health.

Be kind to yourself and remember that everyone experiences anxiety differently. With some patience and dedication, managing your anxiety will become easier over time. Don’t hesitate to enlist the help of friends or family if you need extra support too. These feelings don’t define who you are but rather provide an opportunity for personal growth and healing, so keep going!

Hi there,

I understand what you’re going through and can relate to the overwhelm and feeling drained that comes with anxiety. I’m 45 years old and have had my own struggles with anxiety - it can be really difficult to deal with. The good news is that there are strategies you can use to manage the intensity of those feelings.

I find that taking time for self-care helps me stay present in the moment and makes it easier to let go of negative thoughts. Even if it’s just a few moments of mindful breathing exercise, yoga, journaling or something creative like painting or drawing can help take your mind away from worrying about the future. And when I know I need an extra boost on tough days, reaching out to family or friends for support or talking to a therapist sometimes is incredibly helpful too.

I also remind myself during these challenging times that although the hard emotions might feel overwhelming right now, they won’t last forever - and being gentle with myself means I’ll get through them faster too. Once you start learning what works for you, confidence will grow in knowing how to navigate life despite occasional anxious moments.

Take care & stay strong!

Hey! I completely understand what you’re going through. I’ve struggled with anxiety too, and it can be really tough. It’s great that you’re trying out different self-care techniques like meditation and deep breathing. I find that they really help me to stay present and calm when anxiety hits. And you’re so right, managing anxiety isn’t a quick fix, but it sounds like you’re on the right track. Just remember to be kind to yourself - progress is progress, no matter how small. Keep at it, and don’t be afraid to reach out for support when you need it. You’ve got this!

Hey, I totally understand where you’re coming from. Anxiety can really be a tough thing to deal with, and it’s awesome that you’re already trying out self-care techniques like meditation and deep breathing. Those things really do help to bring a sense of calm when things start feeling overwhelming. I also find it helpful to remind myself that the emotions will pass eventually, and that accepting them and being aware of my physical sensations can help them flow through me more easily. It’s great that you’re learning what works for you, and gaining confidence that you can make positive changes. Just know that you’re not alone in this struggle, and you’re doing an amazing job by taking these steps to manage your anxiety. Keep it up!

Hey, I can definitely relate to what you’re going through. Anxiety can hit you out of nowhere and really knock you off balance. It’s great that you’re trying out self-care techniques like meditation and mindfulness activities. Those can make a big difference in staying present and not getting sucked into the anxiety spiral. And you’re so right, accepting your emotions and letting them flow through you can help them pass more quickly. It’s a struggle, but you’re taking positive steps to manage it! I’ve found that practicing awareness of my physical sensations really does help with managing the tension. It’s true, managing anxiety is a daily effort, but it sounds like you’re on the right track to finding what works for you. Keep it up, and remember that you’re not alone in this!

Hey there, I hear you. I’ve struggled with anxiety too, and I know how overwhelming it can be. It’s great that you’re trying out self-care techniques like meditation and deep breathing. I’ve found those really helpful in managing my own anxiety. Remember, it’s okay to feel what you’re feeling and to take time for yourself. You’re not alone in this, and it’s important to give yourself credit for the progress you’re making, no matter how small it may seem. Keep practicing those mindfulness activities and deep breathing exercises, and remember that it’s okay to ask for help when you need it. You’re doing great, and you’re on the right track to finding what works best for you.

Hey, I’m a 21-year-old guy dealing with anxiety too. It’s tough, but it sounds like you’re on the right track with trying out self-care techniques like meditation and mindfulness. I’ve found those really helpful too. It’s great that you’re recognizing the importance of pausing and reflecting on what might be triggering your anxiety. Plus, accepting your emotions and remembering that they’ll pass eventually is such an important mindset to have. And focusing on your physical sensations to release tension is a great idea. You’re so right that managing anxiety is an ongoing effort, but it’s awesome that you’re learning what works for you. Keep it up and stay positive - you’re making progress even if it doesn’t always feel like it!