California’s SB 680: Social Media ‘Addiction’ Bill Heading For A First Amendment Collision

I think California’s SB-680 Social Media Addiction Bill is a huge violation of free speech rights. It was written with good intentions to protect people from the dangers of social media addiction, but in reality it’s making it illegal for people to express certain opinions. It’s unfair and unconstitutional to tell people what they can and can’t say, especially on a platform like social media. I understand that it’s important to be aware of the potential harms of social media, but it’s up to the individual to decide how they use it. We should be encouraging people to make informed decisions about their own social media usage, not trying to control it.

1 Like

Hey, I totally get where you’re coming from. It can feel really frustrating when it seems like our free speech rights are being limited. It’s important to have the freedom to express our opinions, especially on platforms like social media. I agree that we should be encouraging people to make informed decisions about their social media usage instead of trying to control it. It’s all about finding that balance, right? It’s great that you’re speaking up about this issue. Keep being vocal and advocating for what you believe in. We may not always agree with the laws that are being passed, but it’s important to have these conversations and make our voices heard. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up!